Greetings Brethren …
At our first Stared Meeting on 06 April, we welcomed Worshipful Jim Kraut, District education Officer, and Worshipful Scott Springer, District Instructor of Work, for their visits to Herndon Lodge. WB Springer discussed with the Lodge whether the Ritual should be written down. Don’t worry … the Grand Lodge isn’t planning any changes … but WB Springer engaged us in an interesting debate. We also initiated two new Entered Apprentices at our Second Stated meeting.
On 02 May, Herndon Lodge co-Hosted a Masonic Festive Board with Freedom 118 and A. Douglas Smith 1949. A Masonic Festive Board harkens back to a time when Lodges met in taverns or public houses. A hearty meal, spirits, and songs enhanced the fellowship of the afternoon. Brother David Gardiner traveled up from Williamsburg to provide us with a program on the history of music at Masonic meetings, and to lead us in several entertaining … um … fellowship songs. Brother Scott Warner, a Fellow Craft at Olive Branch, providing a great meal and appropriate spirits. Proceeds from the Festive Board are being donated to the Freedom Building Fund.
Looking ahead, we will be raising a Master Mason at our Second Stated meeting in May. Please contact our Junior Warden (email@example.com) if you are available to assist … or are interested in learning a part.
Coming this Month …
First Stated Meeting in May – York Rite & Scottish Rite night. Program presented jointly by Bro Burx Norrod (Scottish Rite Rep), and WB Tom Morisson (York Rite Rep).
- Second Stated Meeting Master Mason Degree, 19 May. Practices – Friday May 8th and Friday May 15th @ 6:30PM
- Called Meeting for an EA Degree – Monday, May 25th (yes, we know it’s Memorial day). EA Practice – Thursday, May 21st @ 6:30PM
- The British are coming to Manassas. No, I’m not confusing my American history. Members of the English Masonic Demonstration Team will be demonstrating their versions of the Second and Third degrees at Manasseh Lodge. All Master Masons are welcome to attend.
- Second Degree: Monday 4th May 2015 at Dine 6.15p.m, Work 7.30pm.
- Third Degree: Friday 8th May 2015 at Dine 6.30 pm and Work 7.30pm.
- Beehive Club – Monday 19 April at 6pm – Brother Jim Dietzel will make a presentation entitled: Recovering the Ancient Wisdom: A Radical Reinterpretation of Masonic Ritual. His presentations are always pretty deep & thought inspiring, so should be yet another good one.
And Coming Soon …
- First Stated Meeting in June – Sts John presentation by the Beehive Club
- Herndon Festival – Herndon Lodge will again be supporting the Herndon Festival Thursday, May 28 through Sunday, May 31, by providing a Child ID Booth and Marshalling the Fireworks displays. Bro Jim Butts has again volunteered to organize our participation (Thanks Jim). Sign-up sheets will be circulating, but you can secure your spot by contacting Bro Jim firstname.lastname@example.org
- 15 July, District School at Herndon Lodge
- GMOV Official visit to Districts 2, 3, & $, Saturday 08 August. Tickets are available for $20.